Tuesday, 31 July 2007
Saturday, 28 July 2007
The guy who was doing the paving has managed to beat the weather and has finished. We need to repaint the walls now and move some of the plants in pots back and then I can show you all our tiny new patio. All we need is the weather.
The garden is looking very sorry for itself. I have a lot of work to do in it during the next week. Si has been able to cut the grass earlier this evening so I will weed and tidy as a break from painting tomorrow as the weather forcast is for no rain here. No French beans but the sweet peas are begining and other things such as the hydrangeas and poppies look good.
Yes we finally have some sweet peas. Looking forward to loads more I hope. We need sun now to help all the other plants along. Jenny one week from today you will have arrived from Australia for your visit. I have ordered the tickets for the quilt fair. I got the OLP rate!!
Sunday, 22 July 2007
Lovely lavender and enamel in the kitchen
So now I'm well ready for bed. Hope everyone has had a happy and dry weekend.
Monday, 16 July 2007
Love in the mist, but nearly at its end now. The Sweet Peas are just about to start to flower. Pictures of them to come and maybe the odd bean!
Saturday, 14 July 2007
Today I also managed to do some weeding and couldn't resist cutting these roses for the house. They actually smell like roses. Please let this pleasant weather continue for a while. Thats what we need now.
Below is another of our recent French finds. I have been after a hall coat stand for some time and big Si put this up this week.
Well its after midnight so I am away to bed as there is a local carboot here tomorrow. We were supposed to be in Shropshire for the weekend but were unfortunately unable to go due to work pressures for big Si. Hope everyone is enjoying their weekends
Thursday, 12 July 2007
1.I hate Harry Potter and everything connected. I am in the minority I know but.
2. I worked ,sometimes as a nurse,sometimes in a bar, in Majorca during the summer 1970. I went with a friend Susan who is still a great friend. We had a fab summer and met some wonderfully interesting people. I can hablo espanol un poco.
3. I love Russell Brand. Not in a fancying kind of way. He just makes me laugh.
4. I love to people watch. I like to sit and drink coffee and I like to imagine what they do for work and about their lives.
5. This is connected to number 4.I love camping. I really enjoy getting up early and sitting outside with my coffee and watching the world go by. I have a very active imagination which I let go at full stretch when doing this. I'm a bit long in the tooth for tents now so go for mobile home option.
6. My fav film is Calamity Jane and I have co-opted both daughters into loving this. The three of us can sing "Take me back to the black hills" in harmony. We do this particularly well after a couple of G&Ts!!!!
7. I only realised how hard a life my mother had when my children were almost grown up. My father died when I was eight and I have one sister older, one brother older and one younger than me. We had just moved to Lancashire and were in a rented house whilst they were going to buy one. The deal was not sealed when he became very ill and died within a week. My mother took all her stride. She went back to work, teacher by profession, and worked to keep us all and to buy a house etc. She always insisted that education was everything and that us girls needed to to get jobs that would make us independent. All of us went on from school to college or university. My sister to teaching, my elder brother to a maths degree and computer boffin, me to nursing and my younger brother to become a medical doctor. She loved to read and I'm sure my love of reading comes from her. We all read a lot and all have houses full of books. There are many days I wish she and my father could visit and meet all their grand and great grandchildren.
8. And finally. I know Angel Jem I shouldn't start a sentence with and. I have many long term friends. I do however have problems making new friends. It takes me ages to get to know and trust people. However since blogging I feel as though I have made friends all over the world. PS I have the most horrible feet ever invented!!!
Well what people will make of all of that I don't know. Thats all folks.
Tuesday, 10 July 2007
This just fits nicely in our shower room and I can have all my lavender toiletries to hand. The enamel jugs are old French purchases except the blue one on bottom shelf which big Si gave me one Christmas, and I believe came from Cath K. Sarah got it when visiting her friend in London several years ago.
The next photo is from the bathroom where there is a definate seaside theme.
Big Si has several pond yachts which he displays here. The thing hanging from the ceiling is apparently an eel trap, which Si got in a reclaimation yard and I keep looking at it and wondering what I can put in it.
Today I have finished a little project that I have been making for Sarah but I will leave her to blog about that.
I must finish with an apology to Angel Jem. She knows why.
Friday, 6 July 2007
Wednesday, 4 July 2007
Pink petunias in a pink pot. There is blue in the sky (enough to make a sailor a suit and a pair of PJs) Will it be dry tomorrow.
Monday, 2 July 2007
Now on to some old and recent buys. The planned shopping didnt go to plan at the weekend due to bad weather and security events. I did buy wool to make husband a new jumper ( not made him anything in years) but that was it. However Sarah has made me start to use a tablecloth I bought in a car boot sale about 2 years ago and it just fits our kitchen table perfectly. So upon this I have put an enamel jug and coffee pot bought very recently in France. I love the roses on the cloth so there is a close up of them.
This cloth was brand new and even had the label intact on it and it cost 50 pence. I want to leave you with a final picture of my naughty cats - well 2 of them Hamish and Dougal. Its title "How many cats does it take to help you make a bed?"
May we take this opportunity to wish a Happy and healthy July 4th celebrations to all our friends in the USA