Tuesday 26 June 2007

Chick Flicks

I have to start today to apologise about my rain dance comments. I feel very guilty having seen all the reports regarding the floods where people have died and so many had their lives totally disrupted and destroyed.We have been very lucky in this part of the country. Lets hope that things improve very quickly over the next few days.
Today I had an appointment to have my eyes checked as I have had high pressure recorded in them. Thank goodness recorded today as being at the top end of what is considered normal. As eldest had a day off work she came with me , get drops in the eyes so its nicer to have someone who can see for you, and we went out for a bite afterwards and did some shopping. Well we bought very reduced knitting wool with cashmire in it from John Lewis. As we were both tired we retired back to my house and had afternoon tea and watched practical Magic on DVD and low and behold Baby Boom was on TV at 7pm . Husband not impressed so I have left him watching Rambo and retired to laptop.
Tomorrow I have to sort out all the washing , that needs ironing, and the house following our return from holiday and I am so looking foward to doing all of that. However all family are going to be here on Friday evening for dinner to celebrate a belated Fathers day as its the first time that we can all be together, so thats something to look foward to. Have more photos to post next time so best to all and hopes that the rain stays away.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad the eyes are OK. It's a worry, that high pressure thing! I hate having the test, but it's necessary I suppose.
The knitting yarn sounds so nice. I don't suppose you got some for me! LOL. I love knitting yarn.
We saw the UK floods on TV last night. Awful! It was like that in NSW last week. Still we are not getting the rain we need in Victoria.
It's cold and dull to-day, except in my sewing room where I have my South African music playing while I make a baby quilt for Margaret's new grandbaby

Papoosue said...

Hello Mary, thanks so much for your kind and supportive comments you left on my blog. What you said about the OU degree was spot on! (which degree did you do?). I know what you mean about the other half being able to 'get' the course and you struggling - VERY annoying. I am put to shame by your experience of working full time and looking after 3 children. I am not working outwith the home and I only have two little ones! Congratulations on a 2.1 degree - amazing! Anyway, thank you, it helped a lot xx (do you hear me saying 'IF MARY CAN I CAN' over and over again?).

Papoosue said...

And on the subject of your post - I am glad your eyes are fine - Phew! Shopping is such a good soother don't you think!

Papoosue said...

Sorry, I also meant to say that Baby Boom is one of my all time favourite movies - I want to live in that gorgeous house with the gorgeous dentist - sigh....

Angel Jem said...

Good that you had Eldest there to help with the shopping..... at least the sun is out today!

Sophie Honeysuckle said...

Hi Mary-glad your eyes were o.k.!! Sounds like you both had a lovely time afterwards! Your bed comments made me laugh- wonder if we should order another kingsize bed now....