Tuesday 7 July 2009

I said I'd be back!!

Well its been nearly one year since I last blogged! I have no excuses. Well maybe one and that is I have not had a great deal to write about. Life has carried on being mostly contrary. We have been busy in the house and garden doing mostly mundane things.


Main news is that the youngest has got engaged and will get married in September next year.I keep trying to get the others hitched but no luck so far!


We are in the midst of having the plaster in our sitting room removed as we have some damp in one wall. It's a lovely job noisy and dusty!When it is finished we will redecorate completely. We have new curtains and rug to put in there but cannot agree on a colour but I suspect I will get my way!! We have a deadline for finishing as we are planning a big do for the big Si birthday late in August.


No more for today. It's very miserable and been raining a little this am but dry now and I have some weeding to do. More pictures of the garden to come.

10 comments:

julie said...

oh mary you have made my day, I was wandering if you were ok and I am so glad to hear that you are. Picture is a bit spooky though just 2 days ago I painted my brick wall white and hung exactly the same little pots on it with the hope of filling them with cheery geraniums
glad your back
love jules xx

Merisi said...

Welcome back,
so good to hear from you again! :-)

Sandi McBride said...

Well Darling Mary, short it was but how happy to have found a 2009 date in here!!! Thank Heavens you've returned to us!!! Congrats on the engagement of your young one...many happy returns to them both!
hugs
Sandi

Anonymous said...

Hells Bells Mary!
I have a couple of months to go to catch you up but will try and do something soon.
Cheers for now
Jen

Anonymous said...

Hells Bells Mary!
I have a couple of months to go to catch you up but will try and do something soon.
Cheers for now
Jen

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

Glad you're back! Wonderful to hear from you again.
Congratulations to your youngest on the engagement!! I know it's an exciting time for everyone. :)

Kari

Merisi said...

So wonderful to read news from you!
I hope your sitting room is put together again and no more damp walls this winter!
Cheers,
Merisi

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

Hi Mary! It was great to hear from you. I was thinking of you the other day when I loaded some books up for my granddaughter in that lovely bag I'd won from you. :)

It's been an up and down blogging year for me, too. I get going pretty good and then something will happen that makes me stop blogging for weeks at a time. Hope we're all able to get back into it soon and enjoy it like we did in the "good old days". LOL

Hope you and yours are doing well!
Kari

Merisi said...

Dear Mary,
I hope you are doing fine and are having simply too much to blog about it!
Happy New Year,
Merisi

susanwittcouture said...

hello again,
i too am the worlds worst blogger, i read loads, and dont often comment, and hardly write mine, but times' a changing!
the wedding pics are lovely, loving the apron!
ta ta for now xx
sue